At long last, it’s time to cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish will kick off their season at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12, vs. Duke at Notre Dame Stadium.
But with crowds limited and tailgating in the shadow of the stadium prohibited, there’s only one alternative: Tailgate at home!
Stock up on your supplies for a Well Crafted at-home tailgate (and support a local business at the same time):
For the grill
Quench your thirst
With 15 flavors to choose from, Shirley’s Popcorn can give your tailgate popcorn bar the full range of savory and sweet. Have you had their Chicago-style popcorn? Just wow!
The big finish
Score a touchdown with any of Das Dutchman Essenhaus’ selection of more than 30 pies, cookies, and rolls, all handcrafted for you locally.
Need to up your game for patio furniture? B&L Woodcrafts can set you up with custom-made outdoor chairs and tables. You can even pick the colors to match your favorite team!
Plan your fall tailgating with Notre Dame’s schedule of home and away games:
- Saturday, Sept. 12, 2:30 p.m., Notre Dame vs. Duke
- Saturday, Sept. 19, 2:30 p.m., Notre Dame vs. South Florida
- Saturday, Sept. 26, time to be announced, Notre Dame at Wake Forest
- Saturday, Oct. 10, 7:30 p.m., Notre Dame vs. Florida State
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 2:30 p.m., Notre Dame vs. Louisville
- Saturday, Oct. 24, time TBA, Notre Dame at Pittsburgh
- Saturday, Oct. 31, time TBA, Notre Dame at Georgia Tech
- Saturday, Nov. 7, 7:30 p.m., Notre Dame vs. Clemson
- Saturday, Nov. 14, time TBA, Notre Dame at Boston College
- Friday, Nov. 27, time TBA, Notre Dame at North Carolina
- Saturday, Dec. 5, time TBA, Notre Dame vs. Syracuse