All NEW Heritage Trail Audio Driving Tour
Every mile tells a story
Make road-tripping easy. The 90-mile route allows you to enjoy the Elkhart County area from the safety and comfort of your car while giving you the flexibility to stop and enjoy attractions, shops, restaurants and more at your leisure.
This scenic winding loop takes you through the vibrant communities of Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury, Nappanee, Bristol, Wakarusa, and Shipshewana. It’s easy to explore, easy on your budget and you’re sure to discover fun at every turn.
Discover stunning views, historical sites and Amish heritage along the scenic backroads. Explore country lanes dotted with inviting Amish-owned shops showcasing handcrafted and homemade. Shop small and get creative at boutique and artisan shops along charming downtown Main Streets.
Share your memories using #INELKHARTCO on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Please Note: Many attractions, shopping and dining establishments in Elkhart County are Closed on Sundays. We suggest that you contact individual businesses to confirm days and hours of operation. Elkhart County is in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
How to Listen
FREE CD or USB - Pick up your FREE all-new self-guided Heritage Trail audio CD or USB from the Elkhart County Visitors Center and most of our lodging facilities B&Bs and Chambers. This is an audio driving tour, so you must have your own CD player or USB port in your vehicle.
Stream the audio file here:
- Stream the Heritage Trail Audio Driving Tour from your favorite Podcast Platform
- Stream from SoundCloud
- If you're starting at a location other than the Elkhart County Visitor Center, open the Heritage Trail Alternative-Starting Locations Guide and find the nearest starting location to you
- Once you click play, listen to the first few minutes of instruction, then fast forward to the starting location of your choice
- If you have questions, please call the Elkhart County Visitor Center and we will be happy to assist you. 574-250-8700
Maps, Resources & Info
Heritage Trail Audio Tour Tips
The Heritage Trail Audio Driving Tour begins at the Elkhart County Visitor Center, 3421 Cassopolis Street, Elkhart. The driving tour gives you timed, turn-by-turn directions on this scenic winding loop as it takes you through the vibrant communities of Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury, Nappanee, Bristol, Wakarusa, and Shipshewana.
It’s easy to explore, easy on your budget and you’re sure to discover fun at every turn. The Elkhart County Visitor Center is here to help! Give us a call at 800-262-8161 (staffed Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm ET, Saturday 9am to 4pm ET). We can help you get started. Better yet - come inside the Elkhart County Visitor Center for area guides, maps, brochures and helpful destination concierges who can get you started right away.
- Listen to the beginning of the Heritage Trail Audio Driving Tour for important instructions before beginning your journey
- Pause the audio at red lights
- Drive the posted speed limit