Area: 12 Acres. Originally developed in 1909, Rogers Park was the largest and most heavily used park in the City for 50 years. Facilities include a large historic picnic pavilion, a lighted basketball court, a lighted baseball diamond, restrooms, a canoe launch and a playground. A pedestrian bridge spanning the Elkhart River connects the park to the downtown area and the Maple City Greenway. It is also the site for Tyler S. Joldersma Memorial Skate Park, a community-built facility for skate boarders and inline skaters to practice their sport.