Elkhart County Visitor Center
- 3421 Cassopolis St., Elkhart, IN 46514
- Tel: (574) 262-8161
- Fax: 574-262-3925
Friendly travel counselors at the Elkhart County Visitor Center provide brochures, travel guides, website links and ideas on what to do in Elkhart County and the Great Lakes area. If you're planning a trip or friends and relatives visit, stop by the Visitor Center and check out the free brochures and maps or call 800.262.8161. We're located, just off the I80/90 Toll Road (Exit 92) north of the Cracker Barrel Restaurant.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm ET
We have lots of ideas on "what to do" when family and friends come to visit! We can also help when you need travel information on popular Great Lakes destinations. Quilt Gardens Tour Mural Aurora If you’re enchanted by this 8x10-foot mural of the beautiful Aurora quilt, step inside the Visitors Center to view the original. And while you’re inside, grab some brochures and let us help you make the most of your Elkhart County visit.
Aurora Quilt Gardens Mural (May 30 - September 15)
To achieve the affect of a color that blends together without actually mixing paint is the real accomplishment here. As the viewer gets further away from the mural, the more these separate blocks of color seem to blend together and not appear like the individual blocks of color as they are painted. - Jeff Stillson, mural artist
• Elkhart County is on Eastern Standard Time
• We suggest a morning arrival for day trips - there’s a lot to do and see.
• For longer stays and if time allows, get out and explore the region. Indiana’s Cool North has a lot to do and see including the Indiana Dunes and the University of Notre Dame.
• When visiting Amish Country, keep in mind that Amish businesses are closed on Sunday and many do not accept credit cards.
• The Heritage Trail is a circular route connecting the communities of Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury, Nappanee, Bristol,
Wakarusa & Shipshewana. You can start the audio tour in any one of them but note that wayfinding signage & audio content apply to drives in a clockwise direction only.