2022 Artist Sculpture Application
Thank you for your interest in the Epic Art Adventures along the Heritage Trail Project in Elkhart County, Indiana. This project is a partnership and collaboration between you, other regional artists, Elkhart County businesses and the Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc (Elkhart County CVB). Your official designation status and participation requires following the Standards and Specifications guidelines. Official designated status ensures your art placement with a special identifier on the Epic Art Adventures Guide and inclusion in the marketing and promotional campaigns conducted by the Elkhart County CVB as well as compensation for an annual rental of your piece.
Any artist interested in participating will apply by December 6, 2021, if not before. All information should be sent digitally to the Elkhart County CVB. The Epic Art Review Work Group will review your application and make recommendations. Official notification of acceptance will occur in December 2021 for a May 2022 installation.
If you have any questions, please contact Sonya Nash, Project Manager at 574.262.8161 (office), 574.903.1148 (cell) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Epic Art Adventures along the Heritage Trail Standards & Specifications for an outdoor countywide sculpture trail in Elkhart County, Indiana:
Applications will be considered that meet the following standards and specifications:
- Sculptures can be made of traditional material or non-traditional materials. Traditional examples include steel, brass, cement, clay, wood, other industrial materials. Non-traditional material examples include recycled elements and other creative/contemporary materials.
- Sculptures must be interactive, engaging, compelling, and "epic" that tell a story or provides artistic inspiration or expression. Sculptures must have universal appeal to all races, sexes, religions, and demographics. Family friendly is preferred.
- Sculpture must be human life-size or larger, scope, scale, or stature. No maximum size limits.
- Sculpture must be available for rental/lease for one full year.
- Sculpture can be available for purchase by public (less 25% commission fee).
- Sculpture may not contain any sharp points or edges.
- Sculpture must be durable to withstand Northern Indiana weather for 4 full seasons.
- Sculpture must be delivered with a base or be prepped to be installed with tabs on a 42" or smaller temporary round cement pad which will be attached with bolts
- If sculpture has a pre-existing base, a 3”x5” location must be available to insert/apply an artist identification sign on that base.
- Sculptures will be reviewed for Maintenance/Upkeep/Repair needs by Project Consultant on a regular consistent basis. All maintenance/upkeep will be at the artist expense.
- Artists are requested to co-brand the Epic Art Adventures project by placing information/links on their website and to share on their social media platforms provided links, logos, marketing guidelines etc.
- Artist is to speak positively and favorably about Epic Art Trail experience.
Multiple sculptures per artist can be submitted and will be considered. Each sculpture must have the corresponding application details submitted in separate files.